A thread lift is a cosmetic treatment that contributes to a younger appearance, without the need for surgery. The purpose of a thread lift is to subtly lift and tighten sagging skin on the cheeks, jawline and neck. By placing threads under the skin’s surface, collagen and elastin are stimulated. The threads have small barbs that help grip the skin. When placed correctly, they have a lifting effect and contribute to a tighter skin.
Because the effect of a thread lift is related to the amount of collagen that can still be produced by the body, it is a treatment that is well suited for people between the ages of 30 and 40 who have minimal skin sagging. Because the supports are completely soluble, you will enjoy the extra collagen for about a year and its contribution to the improvement in skin structure.
Wire lifts are fast, with little or no downtime. Most people go back to work the same week of treatment. It is an affordable and less invasive alternative to a surgical facelift . However, the results are more subtle than with a surgical lift such as a facelift , because a thread lift does not lift underlying tissue layers.
Quality is our passion
Drs. Aletta de Wit
Certified Cosmetic PhysicianDoctor Aletta de Wit is a cosmetic and orthomolecular doctor and writes as a regular columnist about beauty (inside and outside beauty) for the beauty blog wiemooiwilzijn.nl! Doctor Aletta studied Medicine at the Medical Faculty of Erasmus University in Rotterdam. Thanks to her part-time work as a model, she has a great affinity with aesthetics and facial symmetry and has developed a great interest in the cosmetic field during her training. Read more about our specialists
Please note: thread lift treatments are now widely offered by clinics and healthcare professionals, often at competitive rates and with high discounts. Unfortunately, this often means that the procedure is not performed by a certified cosmetic doctor or surgeon. Always be well informed during a personal consultation and remember: if something seems too good to be true, it often is.
Prices and fees
Treatment with PDO threads is determined individually. Skin + Surgery has transparent and fair prices and provides you with tailor-made advice on the best and cheapest approach. This affordable cosmetic procedure is not reimbursed under the basic insurance.
PDO threadsFrom € 400,-
Frequently Asked Questions
- Inform your doctor about any medication (especially if you are taking cortisone, antibiotics, sleeping pills, sedative pills, contraception, etc.).
- Stop taking any medicines containing acetylsalicylic acid (such as aspirin).
- Inform your doctor if you have a cold, have a sore throat, cough and / or develop a skin condition.
- Wash your hair the night before the treatment.
- Do not wear nail polish or make-up on the day of the treatment.
- Don’t smoke.
There are different types of wires on the market that are suitable for different ages and different degrees of sagging. That is why it is very important to choose the right wire type for a desired result. Dr. Thanya Tha-In works with all types of threads on the market and can advise you on which type of thread suits you.
A thread lift has a shorter recovery time than surgery and you will not be left with scars. You will see the result partly immediately, but the full result approximately after 4-6 weeks. The thread lift has a long-lasting effect of 1-2 years, depending on the age and degree of collagen formation. To optimize collagen formation from within, we recommend the use of nutritional supplements such as the Boost & amp; Lift from Laviesage Nutricosmetics® or Innèov® reinforcement 45+.
First of all, the doctor will advise you on which wires are best for you and explain what result you can expect. After this we administer a local anesthetic, making the treatment completely painless. After the anesthetic, multiple sutures are placed in the deeper skin layer with a needle. The needle is removed again and the suture remains in the skin. These sutures bind and cause the underlying layers of skin to stretch slightly. You immediately see the result of the mechanical lifting. The threads are completely dissolved after six to twelve months. During dissolution, collagen (connective tissue) will form around the sutures. The collagen ensures a firm, full and elastic skin. The treatment is usually finished within an hour and you can go home immediately after placing the thread lift.
Placing a thread lift is very safe with Skin + Surgery. Doctor Thanya Tha-In is the specialist in this area. In addition, sutures are used that dissolve slowly. So no permanent wires are placed. This makes the chance of permanent complications very small.
- Persons allergic to polydiaxone, polylactic acid or coprolactone.
- Persons under treatment for malignancies and autoimmune diseases.
- Persons under the age of 18.
- Persons who have infections or acute inflammations in the skin areas to be treated (acne, herpes, etc.).
- Persons who underwent dental surgery just before this treatment.
- Persons suffering from an autoimmune disease and / or receiving immunotherapy.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Patients with extremely sagging skin.
- Patients predisposed to hypertrophic (wide, pink) scars. Patients with an extreme degree of fat loss in the face or neck.
- Aesthetic (facial) treatments should only be performed with the consent of the physician.
- Avoid using hair dyes and treatments with irritants for at least one month.
- No make-up should be used for three days after the treatment.
- Physical activities can be resumed two or three weeks after treatments.
- Avoid exposure to direct (sun) light or intense heat (such as tanning beds and saunas) for at least one month.